An asset can be allocated to a specific physical location where it is stored or used. You must configure the location association before it can be used.
Each asset location must be unique. You cannot enter a location that already exists.
You can assign the asset to one location in the General details section of the Create New Asset wizard or when editing an asset.
- Open the Assets Listing page. See Opening an asset year.
- Select Maintenance > Association > Location on the main menu. The Maintenance - Location window opens.
- In the first blank cell of the table, enter the Location of an asset. The Location field is limited to a maximum of 50 alphanumeric characters.
- Press [Enter]. The entry row moves into the table below.
- Enter another asset location, if required. Return to step 3 if you're entering another asset location.
- Click Close. The Maintenance - Location window closes. The asset location is saved.