You won't be able to use either software after 31 March 2024. Learn what this means for you
Add company charges using the Charges tab.
- Select and open the corporation. See Selecting a corporation. The corporation opens at the Details tab.
- Click the Charges tab.
- Click Add charge on the Task Bar. The Add charge screen opens at the Charge Details tab.
- Enter the Registration number (a maximum of 10 alphanumeric characters). It must be unique across all charges. This field is optional.
- Enter the Date created (dd/mm/yyyy) or select the date from the drop-down calendar.
- Select the Type of charge from the drop-down list.
- Select how the Charge was created from the drop-down list.
- Select what the Charge is created against from the drop-down list.
- Details of other conduct is required, but only if you selected By other conduct from the Charge was created drop-down list.
- Enter a Liability description for the charge.
- Enter the Max prospective liability amount.
- Enter a Property description if the charge is over a property. This field is optional. You can leave it blank.
If the Type of charge is floating or fixed and floating, the options for “For a floating charge, is the creation of subsequent charges restricted?” is enabled. Select Yes or No.
- Click the Chargee Details tab. You can select the chargee and set the financial benefit to the chargee on this tab.
- Enter the Financial benefit to the chargee.
Click beside the Chargee Name field. The Find a Contact window with a list of companies and persons opens.
To add a new contact, click New Contact… The selection list is sorted by Name. You can also sort by other columns.
Click any column heading in the selection list (e.g., Name). The data is sorted by the selected column in ascending order.
To sort the data in descending order, click the column heading again. If a company or person is not listed, use search.
Scroll down the selection list and double-click a company or person. The selected corporation’s or person’s name is displayed in the Chargee Name field.
Click the Variation Details tab.
After a charge is notified to the ASIC, you need to notify ASIC of any variation to the charge. There may be a change to the chargee, a change to the liability secured by the charge, or a prohibition or restriction of subsequent charges on the property. The details of any such variation to the charge must be recorded on this tab.
- Enter the Previous registration number (a maximum of 10 alphanumeric characters). This field is optional; you can leave it blank.
Enter the Date of change (dd/mm/yyyy) or select the date from the drop-down calendar.
Enter a Description of change. This field is optional; you can leave it blank.
Click the Discharge Details tab. When a charge is paid or released, you must enter the discharge details on this tab.
- Enter the Discharge date (dd/mm/yyyy) or select the date from the drop-down calendar.
Enter the Discharge details of the charge. This field is optional; you can leave it blank.
- Click OK. The charge is added to the Charges list.