You won't be able to use either software after 31 March 2024. Learn what this means for you
The following procedure is used to produce Form 6010 — Application for voluntary deregistration of an Australian company for electronic lodgement with ASIC.
MYOB Corporate Compliance does not currently support the download or generation of ASIC invoices for form lodgement.
You can obtain a copy of invoice by logging into ASIC online and selecting the Agent Inbox, then find the message for the Form 6010 or Form 205a which has the invoice, form and document acknowledgement attached.
ASIC will send a paper copy of the invoice if it remains unpaid after 2 weeks from lodgement of the form. If the invoice for Form 6010 - Voluntary deregistration of a company is not paid by the due date this may result in the deregistration being reversed. To confirm when the invoice is due and payable by - please contact ASIC directly.
- Select and open the corporation. See Selecting a corporation. The corporation opens at the Details tab. If the selected corporation is managed by the practice, the following basic company details are required for the deregistration notification of a company:
- Company type and company class
- Date of deregistration
- ASIC Agent.
- Click Application for deregistration on the Task Bar. The Application for deregistration wizard opens.
- Enter the Deregistration date (dd/mm/yyyy) or select the date from the drop-down calendar. By default, Set this company to be not managed by your practice upon completion of this deregistration wizard is selected. You can deselect this option to leave the deregistered company as a managed company.
- Click Next. The Applicant details screen opens.
Select the applicant who will lodge the form.
Company — By default, the company itself is selected. Select a nominee from the drop-down list under Select the officer nominated to receive the notice of deregistration.
Director — Select a Director from the drop-down list.
Member — Select a Member from the drop-down list.
Liquidator — When you select this option, the Signed by fields are displayed.
Click Next. The Select documents screen opens.
If you select the applicant as a member or liquidator, then ASIC Form 6010 must be lodged as a paper form, not electronically.
- By default, both documents are selected. You can retain the selections or deselect one of the options as required.
Enter the Date signed (dd/mm/yyyy) or select the date from the drop-down calendar. The default date is the deregistration date but you may change this date.
The signing date must be on or after the deregistration date.
Select the Payment method.
Two options are available:
Invoice issued for payment, or
Payment from agent’s Direct Debit account.
In order to use the Payment from agent’s Direct Debit account option, the agent must be authorised with ASIC for direct debit.
- Click Next. The Minutes of directors’ meeting screen opens.
- Enter the Date of meeting (dd/mm/yyyy) or select the date from the drop-down calendar. The default date is the deregistration date but you may change this date.
- Either enter the Time of meeting or use the up and down arrows.
- Either enter the Meeting closed time, or use the up and down arrows.
- Select the address Held at. By default, the Business address is selected. You can change it to Registered address, if required.
- Select the Chairperson from the drop-down list.
- Select the Officers present. By default, all officers are selected. You can retain the selections or deselect one or more absentees as required.
- Click Next.The Finish screen opens.
- Select the documents you want to preview. By default, both documents are selected. You can retain the selections or deselect one of the options as required.
- Click Finish. The Forms Completion Report displays on the Print Preview screen.
- Select to view each document under the Preview Items list.
Click Close to exit the report and return to the main window.