When Document Manager is integrated with Microsoft Outlook, you can send documents as attachments in emails.
Only approved documents can be sent as email attachments.
- Open the Find Documents page, Analyse Documents page or Client > Documents tab.
- Select the document to be emailed.
- Click the checkbox to select the document. Multiple documents can be selected for the email.
- Select Send via Email on the Tasks bar. The Send via Email window opens confirming the documents selected. If the selected document requires approval, it cannot be sent via email.
- Click OK. The Create email window opens.
- Select whether:
This is a new email.
This is to be linked to a previous email.
- Click the ellipse button in the Reference No field and use the Search for a Document window to find the email to link it to.
- Click OK. The Create Document Wizard: Add Email wizard opens at Step 1 of 2: Contact, Stationery & Standard information on the Details tab.
- Complete the Create Document Wizard: Add Email wizard. See Creating new documents. The new email will open in Microsoft Outlook ready for you to complete and send.
- Click Send in Microsoft Outlook to send and save the email with the selected documents attached.