In AE/AO you may need to add a new Partner to the database if there has been a change of ownership in the practice.
For instructions on setting up a new partner in the database refer to Partners.
For more information, refer to Adding and maintaining responsibilities.
To set up a Partner, ensure that you have the employee created first in order to assign them as a Partner. Refer to Creating new employees. Once the partner has been created, you are able to then attach the partner on the Responsibility tab of the client.
- Click Contacts. The Find Clients page opens.
- Search for your client.
- Double click to open the client if not already open. The Client page opens.
- Select the Responsibility tab.
- Type the start date for the partner into the Start Date field and press TAB twice. The ellipsis [...] button appears in the Partner field.
- Click the ellipsis [...] button. The Find Partners screen appears.
- Click Search. A list of the available partners appears.
- Select the relevant partner and click OK. The partner selected appears in the Partner field.
- Click OK to save.
- Should there be a previous partner, enter an end date for that partner making sure it doesn't overlap with the start date of the new partner.