Accountants Enterprise only
You may want to send one cheque to cover a number of different invoices for an employee. If so, you will need to allocate the payment to multiple invoices.
To do this, enter the total amount of the payment and then allocate it against each of the invoices until the remaining unallocated amount is zero.
- Select Bookkeeping > Employee Ledger on the main menu. The Employee Expense Payments window opens.
- Select a Company from the drop-down. The system uses the Account field to display the account from which the payment is drawn. Account details are maintained in Maintenance > Ledger Maintenance > Nominal Codes.
Select a bank Account from the drop-down.
Select the payment method from the Source drop-down.
Enter the Employee Code or Employee Name. The employee details and a list of all outstanding invoices is displayed. When the employee’s name is entered, the Employee Code is displayed automatically.
Enter the Date of the payment in the format dd/mm/yyyy.
Enter the payment Number. This could be the cheque number or a reference number.
Enter the payment Description, if required.
Enter the Amount for the current payment.
If the payment is being made by cheque, select the template to be used from the Style drop-down.
- To create a Standing Order from the payment, click this field to open the Standing Order window
- Click the invoice or invoice item row. The Allocation window opens.
- Enter the amount of the payment and click Allocate. The payment amount allocated to the invoice is displayed in the table.
- Repeat Step 12 to Step 14 until you have allocated payments to all the relevant invoices and the unallocated amount is reduced to zero.
- Click Post to update the ledger.
You must post the allocation before moving on to other employee payments.