Release date—Coming soon
This hotfix corrects an issue that prevents some users from connecting to MYOB servers. This issue was caused by an upgrade to Transport Layer Security (TLS), which is used for securing the data transfer between MYOB AE/AO and MYOB servers.
Unless you’ve been in contact with MYOB to manually correct the issue, we recommend all users on AE/AO 5.4.35 (Australia) or 5.4.34 (New Zealand) install this hotfix. We've also fixed the issue in AE/AO 5.4.36 so, alternatively, you can upgrade to 5.4.36 from my.MYOB to get this fix and all the latest changes.
To check what AE/AO version you currently have:
Open MYOB AE/AO.
Click Help > About.
Check the Version number.
Read through this installation guide before you begin installing this update. It will help you plan the tasks required.
- You must have MYOB AE/AO version 18.104.22.168 (Australia) or 22.214.171.124 (New Zealand) installed.
To check your current version, click Help on the main menu and select About.
- Ensure you have administrator access to the server where MYOB AE/AO is installed.
- Ensure all users are logged out of all MYOB programs.
- Go to my.MYOB and download the MYOB Hotfix 57127434 – Installer file to your server location where you installed MYOB AE/AO.
- Double-click the executable to start the installation.
- In the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard window, click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the licence agreement.
- Click Next to install the utility.
- On the InstallShield Wizard Completed window, click Finish.
- To update workstations, run a workstation install on all workstations.
Workstations are updated automatically as part of this hotfix if auto-updates are enabled. If auto-updates are disabled in your environment, run a workstation install on all workstations.
Follow the steps for the product and setup you use:
To confirm a successful installation, go to your deploy folder.
Default server deploy folders
- (AE) C:\MYOBAE\AESQL\Central\Deploy
- (AO) C:\MYOBAO\AOSQL\Central\Deploy
- (AE Framework) C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\CENTRAL\Deploy
Check that the MYOB.AF.ShareDocument file's Date modified is 16/11/2020.
Example of the 5.4.34 (New Zealand) file's Date modified:
Example of the 5.4.35 (Australia) file's Date modified: