Release date—18 April 2019
- We've updated the way you'll prepare business activity statements. We've included a monitoring page and electronic lodgment. This will allow you to manage compliance more efficiently.
See Managing, preparing and lodging business activity statements for more information.
- See the full list of enhancements and resolved issues here.
You must have MYOB Insolvency version 2017.07 or later installed.
Download MYOB Insolvency 2019.03 from my.myob.com or call MYOB Support on 1300 555 666.
- Sign in to my.myob.com.
- Go to My Products > Downloads and select MYOB Insolvency from the drop-down.
- Download the following files to a known location on your server:
Combined Update 2018.08 to 2019.03.zip
Copy the downloaded files to a shared folder on your Insolvency server. For example, X:\INSOL2\Hotfixes\<name of file>.
It's good practice to save your downloaded files to the same location on your server.
Locate the merge templates root directory and extract the zip file into the directory.
- To locate the merge templates root directory:
- Open MYOB Insolvency.
- Click Application Settings.
- Highlight the directory of the Merge Templates root directory. For example, \\My Server\\MYOB\Insolvency\Merge Templates.
- Right-click the directory and select Copy. You'll use the copied directory in the next steps
- To extract the updated templates:
- Go to the directory where you downloaded the zip file.
- Right-click on MergeTemplates_2019_03_AU.zip and go to Winzip > Extract To…. The WinZip Extract window appears.
- Right-click in the Extract To field and click Paste. The merge templates root directory you copied earlier is pasted.
Click Extract. The message 'Would you like to replace the existing file?' appears.
Make sure you've backed up any customised templates
- Click Yes to All. The templates are updated.
Use SQL Server Management Studio on your SQL server to install this update.
Run the update script on a workstation that has full administration rights to the server.
- Make sure all users are logged out of MYOB Insolvency.
Go to Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 > SQL Server Management Studio.
SQL Server Management Studio may be in a different folder depending on your version of SQL server.
Log in to the SQL server.
In the left-hand side pane of the object explorer, right-click Databases and select Insol2 database.
Select Tasks > Backup.
Add a location for the database backup, and click OK.
Go to File > Open > File.
Go to the location where you downloaded Combined Update 2018.08 to 2019.03.zip.
Click Open. An update file opens in a new query window.
Ensure you've selected the Insol2 database to run the update.
- Click Execute. The query runs and a message will be displayed in the lower pane.
- Close SQL Server Management Studio.
Step 1 - Uninstall a previous version of Insolvency on the workstation
- Click Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Find the appropriate program version in the list.
- Click Uninstall.
If you run an unattended install of the previous Insolvency version, you must repair the install process using the /x uninstall command line option.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall a previous Insolvency version by using Start > All Programs > MYOB > Insolvency > Uninstall Insolvency.
Step 2 - To install Insolvency on a workstation
Make sure you've got administrator rights to each workstation before installing this release.
- Navigate to the location of WorkstationSetup_2019_03_AU.exe.
- Double-click WorkstationSetup_2019_03_AU.exe.
If you're not logged on with administrator privileges, right-click on the install file and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Installation wizard click Next.
The Choose Destination Location window opens. The destination folder automatically defaults to C:\Program Files\MYOB\Insolvency.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
The install is complete when the Completing the Insolvency Setup Wizard window opens.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat the procedure for all workstations using Insolvency.