This is the latest version of MYOB Practice Solutions for:
Australia—27 November 2018:
Accountants Enterprise (AE) – MYOB AE 2018.1 (including Tax 6.46 SP2 and Tax 8.30 SP2)
Accountants Office (AO) – MYOB AO 2018.1
If you ran this update between 22 November and 26 November and got the following error message using Lodgment Manager or the Activity statement obligations homepage, call MYOB support on 1300 555 666 and choose options 2,2,2,2:
If you use MYOB AE/AO Tax
When you upgrade to this latest version of MYOB AE/AO, ELS is no longer available for activity statements. PLS is the new lodgment method.
What should I do?
Lodge any existing activity statements via ELS before upgrading.
What if I don't lodge my ELS activity statements before upgrading to 2018.1?
Don't worry! You can pre-fill using our new activity statement obligations report and pre-fill service, then lodge via PLS.
See Getting started with PLS activity statements for further information.
The new Treasury Laws Amendment (Enterprise Tax Plan Base Rate Entities) Act 2018 received royal assent on 31 August 2018. This new act alters the definition of what a base rate entity is from 2017–18 onwards by including a passive income test.
See Eligibility changes for the lower company tax rate on the ATO website.
See Base rate entity eligibility tests worksheet (bre) for the changes we've made to the worksheet.
The activity statement ELS report has been replaced by the activity statement obligations report and pre-fill service. The report lists outstanding activity statement obligations for agents.
Schedule the report to be run at a specific time each day from the new activity statement obligations homepage. From this homepage, you can create and pre-lodge activity statements for PLS.
The report can only be run once per day for each agent. If you reschedule it to run again on the same day, you'll get an error from the ATO (CMN.ATO.ODRPT.EM1001 — Only one 'Whole of Agency' report can be requested per day).
Schedule the report to run after hours so that your pre-filled activity statements are ready the following day.
In PLS, activity statements have a new mandatory field called Form Type. The pre-fill service automatically populates Form Type.
Activity statements are now lodged from the lodgment manager homepage.
- The Summary of Entered Items report Shift+F2 can now be selected when printing a client copy of the tax return.
We've introduced a new printing option Exclude pre-fill labels to prevent pre-fill labels from printing:
Select Utilities > Practice default options > Print options.
In the Print tax form options window, select the relevant print job and click Properties.
In the Print Options window, select the Attributes tab.
Select Exclude pre-fill labels and click OK.
Repeat steps 2–4 for the required print jobs.
- For an individual with both HELP and TSL, the calculation for compulsory repayment was only including the repayment for HELP. We've fixed this.
- The total row now prints when printing the Dividend Received (div) schedule.
In the Summary of entered items report Shift+F2 for an individual return, Other deductions (at D15 label J) wasn't printing if Election expenses (D15 label E) was blank.
- When a Capital gains (g) worksheet integrates to a Capital gains (BW) schedule, item 1 label S is no longer disabled.
- Foreign income distributed from a trust was not automatically adding to the foreign income tax offset or non-refundable non-carry forward tax offsets unless the Distributions received (dit) or Foreign income (for) worksheet was opened.
Main return – item 28 Overseas interests:
We won't change item 28 to N if items 21 and 24 in the International dealing schedule (IDS) are Y, and they have no values entered.
We've fixed the calculation of label 50H in the Net Rental Income and deductions worksheet. It was adding rather than deducting the value of Any other deductions relating to a rental property.
- If your practice lodges using AUSkey, you'll no longer see XBRL.xml files in the PLS Reports window.
Select Help > My Academy at the top of the AE/AO window to access our Accountants Enterprise/Office learning centre. Browse our extensive catalogue of free MYOB courses, to help you get the most out of your software.
What is it?
Your assets register just got smarter!
- Easy to use, efficient workflows in a browser-based interface
- A new global search feature to find assets faster, and viewing or editing details is a simple click away
- access to an integrated MYOB Ledger, Essentials Accounting and AccountRight Live asset register.
Which integrated ledgers are supported?
How do I get access to it?
We've added a new task permission to grant access to Assets online. Administrators and super users will have access by default, other users will not.
Go to Maintenance > Security > Task Permissions and turn on #View in browser.
How do I start using it?
- If you have access to this feature, you'll see a purple banner displayed in the Assets tab. The options are:
- Cross— closes the banner for the current session. The banner will re-appear if the same client is re-opened
- Don’t show again—the banner will close and never be displayed again for this client.
- Remind me later—closes the banner for the current session. The banner will re-appear if the same client is re-opened
- Show me—closes the banner and launches your asset register in your default browser.
- Alternatively, click the new View in browser link in the Tasks bar to launch your asset register in your default browser.
- We've added the current date and time to the Adjusted Trial Balance report:
- In Practice Report Settings > Non-Transaction Data Preferences, we've fixed the Shareholders field. We've changed it from 'is Director of/has Director' to 'is Shareholder of/has Shareholder'.
- In the Manage Account window, when you tab through creating a new account, the cursor will move to the account code field, ready to add another account.
- You can now resize the Manage Client File Imports > Mappings window using the resize handles in the corner of the window.
If you open a second Mappings window, it will open to the default size, and won't remember any resizing you have done.
- The opening balance review will now check account codes first rather than account description so that accounts with the same codes will now match.
- We've corrected spelling mistakes in the New Zealand MAS MYOB standard charts for MYOB Ledger.
- In View Transactions, the account description will now be displayed alongside the account code.
- We've disabled the Company field on thedebtors windows if the client only has one company. We've also improved cursor placement and tabbing when you're entering multiple transactions.
Click Enable AE Ledger and Assets in Maintenance > Client Accounting > Client Accounting Settings to enable assets migration.
- A new account group structure has been created to be used to map the account codes into the tax integration workpapers.
The new tax account group structure can be found on the Tasks bar in the Client Accounting tab, in the workpaper period/trial balance period and in the practice report settings.
- We've updated the 4 tax integration workpapers to pull figures from the new tax account group structure:
- Income tax integration - Company
- Income tax integration - Partnership
- Income tax integration - Trust
- Income tax integration - Individual.
- We've created a new task permission to control access to the tax account groups in Client > Client Accounting > Tax Account Groups.
We've added some new in-product links that take you directly to our online help.
How to get started links to online help relevant to your configured ledger for:
FAQs: Client Accounting – provides a list of the faqs relevant to your configured ledger for:
Client Accounting Help Centre – links to an overview of Client Accounting
Help me get started – links to help specific to creating a ledger:
Help me migrate a ledger – guides you through the steps of migrating a ledger.
When you deselect the Property, Plant and Equipment note on the reports list, the detail from that note will now be displayed in the balance sheet.
- We have added the Active checkbox under the Directors tab in Non-Transaction Data. Reports will now display the correct singular or plural wording for directors depending on whether the Active checkbox is selected.
The word “Accountants” has been removed from each of the footer paragraphs in practice reports.
We've updated the address field on the compilation report, so that suburb, state and postcode are on a single line.
We're now showing closing balance instead of movement amount in the appropriation section of the income statement for all AccountRight files.
In all reports, when displaying client name it now uses Mailing name by default. If Mailing Name doesn't exist, it will use:
- First Name Last Name for individuals
- Pre Name Main Name for organisations.
If you're an existing user, click the refresh button next to Client Name in Non-Transaction Data if you want to start using Mailing Name.
The Minutes of Meeting - Trust report now prints the Held at address all on one line.
- For minutes and resolutions, a director, partner, or trustee will only be printed if you have selected the Included checkbox in Non-Transaction Data > Note (there are no minutes for partnerships or individuals).
- We've fixed a problem where Non-transaction Data wasn't always printing correctly in reports.
We've made general formatting improvements to the:
Liability for accrued benefits note for SMSF
- The OK button is now enabled for approved workpapers.
- On the Add Journal window, click the tab key to move through Account, Dr Amount, Cr Amount, GST Type/Code and Description. Tabbing now skips GST rate to improve efficiency.
- We've improved support with pdfDocs so that when you open a pdf with a bookmark, it will open to that bookmark.
- In MYOB AO, you can now tab to the Finish or Cancel button in the Create client wizard.
- We've added the bulk check-in feature to the Documents > Administration homepage.
The Document Manager administrator must have access to documents requiring check-in. They can check-in from any computer – it doesn't have to be the computer used to check-out the documents.
- If you send an email from a secondary email account and save it to Document Manager, it will now save correctly. Previously, it showed as checked-out and didn't have a Sent date.
Statutory Reporter Formats
* If you ran the update before 27 November, your version number is 220.127.116.11
Open MYOB AE/AO.
Select Help > About from the menu bar.
Click the Plugins button to access the version number of individual products.