This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax (AU)
In MYOB AE or AO, the same client may appear multiple times in certain reports or in the search results window. This can happen if:
the client has multiple partners with no end date, or an end date that is later than the other partner's start date, or
a client has an alias attached, the search results window correctly displays the client twice; once for the actual name and once for the alias name.
- Open the client and go to the Responsibility tab.
- Check the Partner Responsibility section. If two or more partners appear with no End Date, enter an end date against the earliest record.
- Click OK to save the changes
- Open the client. The Main tab appears.
- Select the Alias and press the Delete key. The prompt "Are you sure you want to delete this alias?" appears.
- Click Yes. The alias is deleted.
You may have had aliases set up to enable searching by ABNs or TFNs in earlier versions of the software. These fields are no longer required as you can now search by ABN and TFN.
AE only: To remove an alias type globally from the system, go to Maintenance > Client/Supplier > Alias Type, highlight the relevant alias type and press Delete on the keyboard.
This option is not recommended if you are using PDF Manager and use these fields. For example, the TFN to search contacts within the Save With function.