This support note applies to:
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Accounts (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Client Accounting, when you attempt to configure an AE Accounts ledger, you may experience the required ledger missing from the drop-down list.
To ensure the required ledgers show in the Configure list:
- Ensure all contacts have a "Known As" value
- Ensure the client is not a "former" client in the Contacts database
If you're still experiencing the issue, contact us and quote KB 36823.
- In AE open any tax return and click the Contacts icon located on the top-left panel of the tax return screen. The Contacts window opens.
- Tick Include former clients on the bottom of the screen. Former clients are also displayed in the list.
- Double click on a contact where the name appears blank. The Profiles window for the contact opens.
- Click the Names button. The Names for window opens.
- Enter a name in the Known As field and click OK. The Names for window closes and the Profiles window appears.
- Close the Profiles window. The Contacts screen appears.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 5 for any other contacts with blank names. The contacts details are now updated.
- Open Contacts and click the Include former contacts option. The complete Contacts list shows.
- Highlight the client code of the client missing from the Configure list and from the File menu, select Properties. The Contact Properties window opens.
- Deselect the Former contact option and click OK. The contact is set as current.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
Refer to the INTERNAL KB 28762: How do I change the client code from lowercase to uppercase?
This issue can also occur where there is a blank Client Code in Contacts.