This support note applies to:
- AE Assets (AU)
MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Assets allows you to specify the type of asset to add the Asset register.
The following procedure will guide you through adding a general asset to a Control Group in the AE Assets register. If you're looking to add a Small Business Pool asset or an asset to be fully depreciated in the current year, the following articles will guide you through how to do this:
The order of the fields in this example is for an asset purchased in the current financial year. If the asset was purchased in a prior year you may be required to fill in additional fields.
- Open the Assets ledger. The main Assets screen appears showing the asset control groups in the left-hand pane.
- On the left-hand pane, highlight the Control Group you want to add the asset to.
- Click New. The Add Asset screen appears.
- In the Asset Code field, type in an asset code, then press the TAB key on the keyboard. The cursor moves to the Description field.
- In the Description field, type in a description of the asset.
- From the Select Asset's Depreciation Type for Taxation dropdown menu, select General Asset and click Next. The Add Asset - Taxation Details - General Asset window appears.
- Complete the required Taxation details then click Next. The Add Asset - Accounting Details window appears.
- Complete the required Accounting details and click either:
Next to add information such as Details, Associations and Notes or,
Finish. The message "You have successfully added asset <Asset Code and Description>. Would you like to add another asset?" appears.
To repeat the steps and add another asset click Yes, otherwise click No to return to the main assets window.