This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
In MYOB Document Manager, filing cabinets are used to profile and classify documents imported or saved to Document Manager. This article outlines the steps required to create a new filing cabinet in MYOB Document Manager.
- In AE/AO, go to Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Documents > Document Manager Setup. The Document Manager Setup tab displays.
- To view the filing cabinet list, you can either:
- under the Welcome tab, click Filing Cabinets or
- scroll through the tabs to the right and click the Filing Cabinets tab
- On the Tasks bar, select Create new filing cabinet. Step 1 of the Create Filing Cabinet Wizard opens.
- In the Name field, type the required filing cabinet name. Select the relevant options for your practice in the Main tab and click Next. Step 2 of the Create Filing Cabinet Wizard opens.
On the right-hand side of the window, click the green + icon. The Select extra fields window opens.Only the extra lists and extra fields linked to documents are available for selection.
- Select the required Extra fields and click OK. Step 2 of the Create Filing Cabinet Wizard displays again.
- Select Mandatory and Multi value options for each extra field if relevant and click Next. Step 3 of the Create Filing Cabinet Wizard opens.
- Under Available Security Groups, highlight the correct security group.
- Click -> to assign this security group to Filing Cabinet Security Settings. The selected group displays in Filing Cabinet Security Settings.
- Repeat Steps 8-9 until all of the required security groups appear under Filing Cabinet Security Settings.
- Tick the relevant security permissions for each security group and click Finish. The Filing Cabinet tab appears and the new item is displayed in the Filing Cabinet list.
- Click Finish. You have created a new filing cabinet to classify your documents.