This support note applies to:
- AO Classic (NZ)
- AE Tax (NZ)
From 1 March 2020, IR will stop accepting payment by cheque. See we're moving on from cheques on the IR website.
There may be references to cheques in the 901DL:
- default text in MYOB Accountants Office (AO Classic) version 22.0.0.b
- client level templates In MYOB Enterprise Tax (AE Tax) version 2019.1.
We'll remove cheque references and remittance advice sections in an upcoming release for AO Classic and AE Tax.
But in the meantime, you can update your existing text (AO Classic) or client level templates (AE Tax).
Update existing text by selecting Tax Management > Payments > Edit payment advice letter definitions > Text and format of letter.
Review Text of letter for each Type of Payment (Provisional Tax, Terminal Tax and Combined Payments), as the content may be different in each.
- When printing 901 letters, select Payments > Print 901 Letters, then select Plain Paper under Stationery options.
- Select Reports > Practice Reports and highlight IR901DL.
- Click Properties > Page Format to see which layouts you're using. The example below looks at Pr901.1.
To change the Pr901.1 layout, select Maintenance > Letter writing > Practice letters. Double-click Pr901.1, remove the cheque reference and click OK to save the changes.
To print a standard 901DL select Reports > Standard 901D letters.
Check other areas that may contain wording about cheques including:
- the body of a letter in layout 901DE1
- old format remittance advice layouts - 901DE3, 901DE3A, 901DE3B, 9011DE3C and 901DECD.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY