This support note applies to:
- AE Corporate Compliance (AU)
This article explains how Corporate Compliance manages ASIC forms that are not sent electronically. That is, ASIC forms that are marked as electronic lodgement 'No' and are submitted as paper copies.
The ASIC allows you lodge the following forms electronically, if they have been signed in the last six months. The forms need to
- be validated successfully; and
- be signed within 6 months of the current date.
The ASIC does not accept electronic lodgement of forms that have been signed more than 6 months ago.
If you enter a signing date on an ASIC form that is more than 6 months prior to the current system date, you will find the following in the Forms Lodgement screen.
- The Electronic Lodgement field for this form will be automatically set to No and cannot be changed
- If you have this form checked for lodgement and you click Send/Receive, it will be changed to 'Accepted' as it is considered to have been lodged by paper.
If you want to lodge this form electronically, you will need to change the signing date of the form to within the last 6 months
- In Contact, from the File menu, follow the menu path: Open > Corporate Compliance. The Corporate Compliance window appears.
- Click ASIC Forms The ASIC Forms window appears.
- From the In Progress tab, select the required form. The required form is now highlighted.
- Click Change signing details task. The Change signing details window appears.
- From the Signing officer click the down arrow and change.
- Click OK. The ASIC Forms window appears.
- From the Corporations menu, select the required Corporation. The Corporation window appears.
Select ASIC forms tab Where the form is set to a status of accepted Where there is no ASIC document number Where you can view the form, there is no ASIC Validation Report attached.
From Corporate Compliance 1.2, the status of the form will be set as lodged by paper
What to do if a form is lodged by paper and you wanted to lodge it electronically
If you have accidentally lodged a form by paper, you can do the following:
- print out the ASIC form and lodge this form manually, OR
- generate a new version of the ASIC form, ensuring signing date is within the last 6 months and lodge electronically