This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AO Corporate Compliance (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AE Corporate Compliance (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) and Accountants Office (AO), you may need to take an SQL backup of your database.
The following instructions will guide you through how to back up your AE/AO databases using SQL Server Management Studio.
If your environment is a:
- Server or network
- Standalone PC.
- From the desktop of your server or standalone, follow the menu path: Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 20xx > SQL Server Management Studio. The Connect to Server screen appears.
- Complete the fields as required and click Connect. The Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio screen appears.
- Right-click on the database you want to back up and from the Tasks menu, select Back Up. The Back Up Database screen appears.
- If a file is listed in the Back up to field in the Destination section, click Remove. The file is cleared from the field.
- If there is no file, or once the file is cleared at step 4, click Add. The Select Backup Destination screen appears.
- Select the location, type the backup database name and click OK. The Back Up Database screen appears.
- Click OK to begin the backup. When the backup is completed the prompt 'The backup of database completed successfully' appears.
- Click OK. The Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio screen appears.
If you have issues performing the SQL Server Management Studio backup, contact your IT provider.