This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
In MYOB Practice Manager you may find within Stage 3 of the Billing Wizard that the Print Line Details were previously changed by a user and they can't change the setting back.
For example, user changed 'Time' to Detailed to create and post a bill and now wants to change back to Summary, the setting may not hold.
- To change the default back to Summary or another preferred default, you need to open the draft bill outside of the Billing Wizard, for example from the Bills tab of a client, and change the option by clicking the Bill Paragraphs button to access these fields. The next time you open the Billing Wizard the option you selected will be the default.
- Open a previous Draft bill or create a new draft bill using the 'incorrect' Print Detail Settings.
Click Finish in the Billing Wizard to create to Draft invoice.
Do not submit, authorise or post this Draft invoice. Leave it as Draft.
- Open the client details and click the Bills tab. The draft you've just created will show under the DRAFT BILLS.
- Double click to open this Draft Bill and click Bills Paragraph button.
- Change the Print Line Detail drop-down to the required settings.
- Click Finish.
- Click Submit, Authorise, Post.
- The Print Line Details drop-down will now be set for all the subsequent invoices.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
SR # 11251628315
If the above workaround does not resolve, you need to open up the tables in MS Access if installed on a workstation or via SQL on the server and open the 'Employee' table and search for the employee name experiencing the issue, take a note the EmployeeID.
Next open the 'UserProperties' table and search for this EmployeeID noted down in previous step, you will need to highlight and delete the line Time_Disb_Settings for this employee ID. Close SQL or MS Access.
Test logging back into the Billing Wizard Stage 3, the settings should now be correct.