This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Manager (NZ)
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AE Statutory Reporter (NZ)
- Workpapers (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
During preparation for, or after activation of MYOB logins for your practice, you may encounter one or more of the following errors.
- "The username or password you have entered is not correct" even though they have been entered correctly or
- "User Token could not be accessed. Missing active user token." when logging a user in for the first time after activating MYOB Logins for your practice.
When adding the Practice my.MYOB details, adding MYOB logins to employees, and when an employee attempts to log in for the first time using their MYOB login, the software tries to communicate directly with the MYOB servers to verify the MYOB login credentials (i.e. the users' login email address and password).
This process requires the following:
- An active internet connection and
- for the software to be able to freely communicate with MYOB Authentication servers.
We have determined that there are cases where an Internet Proxy and or Firewall Server can cause these errors occur.
The following process may require you to configure your Internet Proxy and or your Firewall Server. If you do not know how to configure the Internet Proxy and or your Firewall Server you will need to provide this information to your IT Consultant as this is outside the scope of your MYOB Service Agreement.
To check if the Internet Proxy and or Firewall Server is causing these issues, perform the following instructions:
- Test a login to confirm the error that you are receiving. Take note of the error message you are receiving.
- Click the Windows Start button and in the Search Programs and files field, type %appdata%\myob\clientframework. Then press ENTER. A Windows Explorer screen appears displaying the ClientFrameWork.log file.
Double-click the ClientFrameWork.log file. The ClientFrameWork.log - Notepad window opens. The last few lines of the log file will indicate the errors that are occurring.
[2014-10-09T09:45:20] 02780 [Error] System The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine
[2014-10-09T09:45:20] 02780 [Error] ClientFrameWork The user name or password you have entered is not correct.
If your network has an internet proxy or firewall server that restricts access to the internet unless a specific username or password is used, error messages similar to the following may appear in this log file:0
[2014-05-05T17:58:45] 34972 [Error] System The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
[2014-05-05T17:58:45] 34972 [Error] ClientFrameWork Incorrect login or password.
In both of these scenarios, you will need to ensure that your Internet Proxy or Firewall server is configured.
For information on configuring your MYOB software with your Firewall or Proxy Server, refer to Configuring your Firewall or Proxy for MYOB AE/AO