This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
In MYOB AE or AO, the same client may appear more than once in the search results screen or in certain reports.
This can occur in the following situations:
- The client has two or more partners with no end date, or an end date that is later than the other partner's start date
- Where the client has an alias attached, the search results screen will correctly display the client twice; once for the actual name and once for the alias name.
- The client has multiple addresses and you are running a report from Client > Client and Contact Addresses for example.
In this reporting area each client or contact is listed once for each address type set up in the system. If you have 4 possible address types, for example, Postal, Business, Registered and Home, the client/contact is listed 4 times, even if it doesn't have an address of each type attached to it.
Open the client and go to the Responsibility tab.
Check the Partner Responsibility section. If two or more partners appear with no End Date, enter an end date against the earliest record.You may need to click the Start Date column header to display the records from earliest to most recent record before making your change.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Open the client. The Main tab is displayed.
- Highlight the Alias and press the Delete key. The prompt "Are you sure you want to delete this alias?" appears.
- Click Yes. The alias is deleted.
If you have previously had Aliases setup to enable searching by ABN's or TFN's in earlier versions of the software. These fields are no longer required as you can now search by ABN and TFN. To remove an Alias type globally from the system, go to Maintenance > Client/Supplier > Alias Type, highlight the relevant alias type and hit DELETE on the keyboard.
This option is not recommended if you are using PDF Manager and use these fields (e.g. the TFN) to search contacts within the Save With function.
- Follow the menu path Reports > Client > Client and Contact Addresses. The Client and Contact Addresses screen appears.
- Select New to create a new report. The Report fields and formatting screen appears.
- Select the required fields, for example, Client Code, Client Name, Address Type, Address1, Address2, Address3, Town, State, Postcode and Address Present from the list of available fields. The fields are selected.
- Select the Run Report Settings tab. The Run Report Settings screen appears for adding filters, sorting or prompting on your report.
Select Yes in the Filter column for the Address Present field to report on only those clients with an address types/data.
You could change the template to MYOB Landscape to better fit the information on the report and also change the columns widths from the Report fields and formatting tab and then by selecting the Show selected report fields and formatting checkbox. Alternatively, you can use the Export to Excel option to view your data.
- Click the Save icon. The Save report layout screen appears defaulting to save as a new report.
- Type the name and description of the new report in the Title and Description fields and click OK to save. Click OK to exit. The Reports - Client - Client and Contact Addresses screen appears displaying the new report at the bottom of the report listing.
- To run the report, highlight and click Run. The Report Fields screen appears.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
Insert PR# 12020960198
This article is for both AE & AO Practice Manager clients.