This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) or Accountants Office (AO) you can close or inactive an employee when they no longer work for the company.
This Knowledge Base article will assist in the preparation of closing/inactivating employees.
To close an employee you need to perform the two step process:
- Set the employee to inactive in AE or AO and
- Delete the my.MYOB login for the employee.
Perform the following steps in AE or AO.
- Click Contacts drop down arrow and select Employees. The Find Employees screen appears.
- Type the employee code in the Search For field and click Search. The Employee record appears.
- Ensure the Main tab is selected. The Main tab appears.
- Tick the Inactive field checkbox. The Inactive checkbox is now selected.
- Enter the relevant End Date located in the Stationed table and click OK. The employee is now inactive in AE or AO.
You must enter the End Date field to ensure the employee standard hours are calculated correctly for employee productivity reporting purposes.
- Do not remove the Primary tick on the Main tab.
- You cannot delete an employee if any entries have been entered against the employee.
Perform the following steps in the my.MYOB website.
- Follow the menu path: My Account > Manage practice users.
- Locate the employee to delete and select Delete from the Action column. The employee is now deleted.