This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AO Classic (NZ)
Microsoft has recommended that Microsoft Operating System’s be configured to cease using SMB1 to protect against known vulnerabilities.
In order to use MYOB products with SMB2 and SMB3, there may be a need to configure Windows SMB Cache settings to prevent errors with in your MYOB application.
The following procedure must be performed on the server and on all workstations.
Only perform this step if you are still experiencing file lock errors after enabling SMB2.
- Open Regedit and navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
Right-click on detail pane and select New > DWORD (32-BIT) Value
Set the name of the D-WORD Value to CacheFileTimeout
Leave the value set to the default which is 0.
After setting the above registry entry, you will need to run the below Windows Powershell commands to configure the settings. You may be able to create a Powershell script to automate the rollout process.
- Right-click on Windows Powershell and choose Run as Administrator
- Run the following commands:
- Set-SmbClientConfiguration -DirectoryCacheLifetime 0
- Set-SmbClientConfiguration -FileInfoCacheLifetime 0
- Set-SmbClientConfiguration -FileNotFoundCacheLifetime 0
- Repeat the above steps on ALL workstations/servers that MYOB is accessed from.
You must reboot the machines for changes to take affect.
If at anytime you need to undo these changes, the following process can be followed:
Open Regedit and navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
Reset CacheFileTimeout back to default of 10 seconds. Alternatively, you can delete the CacheFileTimeout key.
Right-click on Windows Powershell and choose Run as Administrator
Run the following commands
Set-SmbClientConfiguration -DirectoryCacheLifetime 10
Set-SmbClientConfiguration -FileInfoCacheLifetime 10
Set-SmbClientConfiguration -FileNotFoundCacheLifetime 5