This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Office (AO), when you create a new client, by default, a document folder is automatically created for using the client code as the name of the folder. This folder is where you store documents in relation to the individual clients.
If you want to change the folder to be the client name instead of the client code or if you do not want a document folder created at all as you don't use the Documents tab or want to create your own directory, follow the menu path Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Document Creation Settings and amend the options.
- Open MYOB AO and, from the Maintenance menu, select Maintenance Map. The Maintenance Map tab appears.
- Click Document Creation Settings. The Document Creation tab appears.
- Amend the settings:
- if you want to use the client name instead of the client code for the folder name, click the ellipses [...] button on the Client Algorithm field and replace [CC] with [LN] [FN] [MN]. This setting represents, last name, first name and middle name.
- if you don't want a document folder to be created, click the ellipses [...] button on the Client Algorithm field and remove [CC] or the existing value from the field.
- Log out of MYOB AO and log back in. The new settings now take effect.
Login into MYOB Practice Manager using an Administrator account, and perform the following steps:
- From the Clients screen, open a client and select the Documents Tab. The client's document tab displays.
In the Task panel, click Change documents folder. The Change documents folder screen appears.Take note of the incorrect client document path location displayed in the Change documents folder window.
- Close the Change documents folder window and select the Maintenance menu > Maintenance Map. The Maintenance Map tab displays.
- Select User Defined and Update Multiple External Links. The Update Multiple External Links window appears.
- Enter the following information:
Replace field: enter the incorrect document path noted above (without the client's document folder on the end).
If the document path for the client is N:\MYOB\DATA\Documents\BOB01, remove the \BOB01 so the path reads N:\MYOB\Data\Documents.
With field: enter the correct document path.
- Tick the Client document folders links box. The Client document folders links box is ticked.
- Click OK. The system updates the document paths.
If the issue remains, you will need to check the Document Startup Path.