This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (AU)
In System Release, Items or Ledgers are are stored in Folders. If you want to create a ledger in a new Folder, you need to log in as a user with a security level of 6. Anyone with a security level of 5 or lower can only create Ledgers in existing Folders.
- Open System Release and select Folders from the Administration section of the Navigation Bar. The Folder window appears.
- Select the folder where you want to create the ledger and double-click to open. The folder window appears.
- From the File menu, select New. The Select new object to create window appears.
- Click Item. The New item properties window appears.
- Type the Client Code for the ledger in the Client field (maximum 10 characters), and press ENTER. The cursor moves to the Type field.
- Click the ellipsis [...] button on the Type field. The Select Template screen appears.
- Select the required application template and click Select. The application template code displays in the Type field.
- Press ENTER. The cursor moves to the Name field.
- Type the name of this ledger and press ENTER. The focus moves to the Location field.
Click the ellipsis [...] button on the Location field. The Select Folder window appears.
- Select the relevant folder for the new ledger and click Select. The New Item Properties screen appears with the selected folder in the Location field.
- Click OK. The message "Do you wish to create a shortcut in the Ledgers" folder?" appears.
- Click Yes if you want to create a shortcut in the "Ledgers" folder. Click No if you only want to create the ledger in the location nominated.
The newly created ledger opens.