This support note applies to:
- AE Reporter (NZ)
- AE Reporter (AU)
MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Reporter provides the ability to retrieve financial data from multiple ledgers and display the combined results in any of the reports. The financial figures from all the specified ledgers are combined and reported. This method is also known as simple consolidation.
To achieve a report combining values from multiple ledgers:
- Specify the required ledgers in the Current Ledger Configuration.
- Preview the consolidated report.
Prior to setting up the ledgers, select one of the ledgers as the primary ledger. The other ledger(s) will be the subsequent ledger(s). Ensure the ledgers are the same entity type and also in the same ledger year.
- Open the primary ledger and follow the menu path: Reports > Reporter > Generate Reports. The Reporter window opens.
- From the Tools menu, select Current Ledger Configuration. The Current Ledger Configuration window appears with the primary ledger showing as selected.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the Ledger field and select the subsequent ledger(s) from the list. The subsequent ledger(s) is added to the list of current ledgers.
Click OK. The additional ledgers are added to the values retrieved for the reports.The setting applied in the above steps remain in effect for the primary ledger until changed. To remove this setting, repeat the above steps 1 and 2 to access the Current Ledger Configuration, select the subsequent ledger(s) to remove and click the Remove Ledger icon.
- Click Reports. The reports list appears in the right-hand pane.
- Select the required report and click preview. The preview is generated and displayed.
- In the report preview, click on a common financial figure that reports a consolidated amount, for example, Cash at Bank. The drill down window appears showing the components from the different ledgers. The total of the components equalling the consolidated figure.