This support note applies to:
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Office (AO) Classic General Ledger you may need to delete account codes in the general ledger.
Account codes in the general ledger cannot be deleted if there are current year balances against them. To delete an account with a current year balance against it, you'll need to either:
edit the transactions and assign them to a new account number or,
perform a bulk account number change to assign multiple transactions to another account code.
From within your client's General Ledger, click the General Ledger menu and select Accounts Maintenance.
Select the account you wish to delete, then press F8 on the keyboard to delete it.
Click Yes. The message "Are you sure?" appears.
To delete all unused accounts you need to ensure that there are zero balances for the current year and the prior year.
- Follow the menu path:
General Ledger > Accounts Utilities > Delete Unused accounts.
The Delete unused accounts - options window appears.
- Select the checkbox to Allow deletion of accounts where the current year and previous years values are zero, but there are non-zero values in prior years.
- Select OK.
The Delete unused Accounts window appears.
- Select the checkbox for any accounts you wish to delete, if you agree to delete them all, click on Select All.
- Click Start and then Yes to the next message if you agree to delete the selected accounts.
From within your client's General Ledger, follow the menu path General Ledger > Accounts Utilities > Bulk Account Number change. The Bulk Account number change window appears.
Click OK.You may receive a message about restoring a template. Click No.
- For each account code that you want to change, type the new account code in the New Code column.
- Once you have changed all the required account codes, click OK. A message appears asking if you would like to save this file as a template.
- Click No. A message about starting the update appears.
- Click Yes to start the bulk account number change.