This support note applies to:
- Workpapers (NZ)
- AO Workpapers (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Office (AO) Workpapers when you perform the Create Journal Export File process to post journals to an underlying AO Classic General Ledger (GL) data set, the transactions are posted automatically without any further process required in the AO GL application.
For this process to be successful, you need to ensure the User code in AO matches the Employee Code in AO Classic.
For more information regarding the posting process from Workpapers refer to the MYOB Help Centre topic Posting journals and exporting new accounts and follow the steps in the "To post journals to an AO Classic general ledger" heading.
- Open AO Classic and from the Tools menu, select Options. The Settings window opens.
- Click the Employees tab. The Employee details appear.
- Click the employee name which you use to log into AO Classic and note the Employee Code. The employee code is noted.
- Open AO and click the drop-down arrow under Contacts and select Employees. The Find Employees window opens.
- Type your user name in the search for field and click Search. The search results appear.
- Open the relevant employee. The employee details appear.
- Review the Code field and ensure it matches the Employee Code from AO Classic and click OK. The Code field and the Employee Code fields match and journal transactions will now post from AO Workpapers.