This support note applies to:
- AE Reporter (AU)
- AE MAS (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Management Accounting System (MAS) a Unit Trust includes values of units issued. You enter the total amount of the units in account 500 00 as part of your initial journal to establish all the required balances.
In a Reporting entity, if you wish to show a dissection of the different types of units, you enter these in AE Reporter in the Non-Transaction Data item Notes.ContributedUnitCapital. The dissection of units then appears in the Units on Issue note in a Reporting Trust only.
- Open the MAS ledger and click the Reporter link in the Tasks panel. The Reporter window opens.
- Click the Non-transaction data button. The Non-transaction data window opens.
- Navigate to the #EntityDetails.ClientDetails table. The folder content appears in the right-hand pane.
- Select Unit Trust in the Entity field and Reporting in the EntityType field. The settings are selected.
- Click Apply. The settings are updated.
- Navigate to the Notes.ContributedUnitCapital table. The table content appears in the right-hand pane.
- Click the New Record icon on the right-hand side. A new record is opened in the bottom pane.
Enter the required Description and Amount of the units and click Apply. The units information is recorded.Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all required unit information is entered.
- Click the Reports button. The Reports window opens and this information is included in the Notes to Financial Statements.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
The format which produces this note is Contributed Unit Capital Note and it prints only when:
=AND(DB.#EntityDetails.ClientDetails.Entity="Unit Trust", OR(RECORDCOUNT(DB.Notes.ContributedUnitCapital)>0, Len(DB.Notes.ContributedEquity.Description)>0))