This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Tax (AU)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
In MYOB Accountants Office (AO) you may experience the error "1733/Class definition aoreport.doc is not found" when printing.
To fix this you need to register the reports .dll files.
- Exit Accountants Office, then open Windows Explorer or Computer. Windows Explorer starts.
Navigate to and open your Accountants Office program folder. For example: C:\Program Files\Accountants Office. The contents of the folder appear.If your Accountants Office program folder is not located in one of the following paths:
C:\Program Files\Accountants Office or D:\Program Files\Accountants Office; or
C:\Program Files\CA-Systems or D:\Program Files\CA-Systems,
continue at step 5. The register.bat file referred to at step 3 only registers files located in any of the paths above.If you are unsure where your Accountants Office program folder is, right-click your Accountants Office icon, select Properties and choose the Shortcut tab. The value in the Start in field is the location of your folder.
Double-click the Register.Bat file. The cmd.exe window appears for a few seconds and then disappears.If file extensions aren't visible, the file will be named Register. In this case there might be two files with the same name. To determine the correct file you will need to activate file extensions in Windows Explorer. If you want to activate file extensions, refer to the procedure below titled 'To activate file extensions'.
- Start Accountants Office and try to print. If the error no longer appears, there is no need to continue with the remaining steps. If the error is still present, continue at step 5.
- At the Windows Desktop, click Start and select Run. The Run window appears.
- In the Open field, type:
- Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\AOReport.dll" and press ENTER. (For 32 bit)
- Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AOReport.dll" and press ENTER. (For 64 bit)
A message appears stating that the registration succeeded.
You can now start Accountants Office and print without experiencing this error.
- From the Organize menu, select Folder and Search Options. The Folder Options window appears.
- Click the View tab and then clear the Hide extension for known file types option and then click OK. File extensions appear for the files in the Name column.