This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Tax (AU)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
In MYOB Accountants Office Classic (AO Classic) after performing an install or an update you may experience the error 30 or 41 "Printer not activated" when clicking the Send to PDF icon in a print preview.
To fix this error, follow the steps
- On the workstation, you're getting the error on, go tor C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and find the files aoreport.dll and cdinf600.dll.
- Check for the dates: aoreport.dll is dated 01/03/2019 and cdinf600.dll is dated 27/02/2019.
- If the dates are different,
- For a network setup: Rename the dll files in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, copy the dll files from MYOBAO\Setup\dlls folder and paste it into the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder.
- For a standalone: Rename the dll files in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, and run the MYOB Classic update.
- Run Register.bat. See below for details.
- Right click the Start button and select Explore. Windows Explorer starts.
Navigate to and open your MYOB AO program folder. For example, C:\Program Files\Accountants Office or C:\Program Files (x86)\Accountants Office. The contents of the folder appear.If you are unsure of this location, right click your MYOB AO icon, select Properties and click the Shortcut tab. The value in the Start in field is the location of your folder.
Right click the Register.Bat file and select Run as Administrator or for Windows XP double click the Register.bat file. The cmd.exe window appears for a few seconds and then disappears while the process runs.
If file extensions are not visible, the file shows the name Register. In this case there may be multiple files with the same name. To determine the correct file you will need to activate file extensions in Windows Explorer. If you wish to activate file extensions, refer to the following steps.
Open Windows Explorer. The default location opens.
Click Organize and select Folder and search options. The Folder Options window opens
Click the View tab. The View options appear.
Deselect the Hide extensions for known file types option and click Apply and then click OK. The setting is applied.