This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
If a migration is unsuccessful because, for example, the migration utility doesn't run successfully or wasn't used, you may get this error:
“An error occurred in the Microsoft .NET Framework while trying to load assembly. The server may be running out of resources, or the assembly may not be trusted with PERMISSION_SET = EXTERNAL_ACCESS or UNSAFE?"
This can happen because the database that's restored isn't a trusted database and SA is not the database owner.
- Ask your IT professional to run the SQL query to set the AETAX1 database to TRUSTWORTHY, where AETAX1 is the database name.
- Follow the steps in Error: "SR DAL data source error" to change the database owner and rerun AETaxConfigUpdate.exe.
- Ask your IT professional to run the SQL query to set the VPMSER/AEDB1 database to TRUSTWORTHY, where VPMSER/AEDB1 is the database name.
- From the Windows Start menu, open Run.
- Enter cmd and click OK. The cmd window appears.
- Enter sqlcmd -E -S [Server_name] -d VPMSER -Q "EXEC SP_CHANGEDBOWNER 'sa'", where [Server_name] is the name of the SQL Server, and press Enter. You are returned to the command prompt and the dbowner is changed.