This support note applies to:
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Accounts (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) if you use Contacts or Client Compliance to access AE Tax, you may experience the following error "Environment Error 2. Incompatible database version, software requires upgrade" when opening Contacts.
When opening Contacts, Configuration, Viztopia Client Compliance or Compliance Management, the following error message (the version numbers may differ) may be displayed:
Environment Error 2
Incompatible database version, software requires upgrade. Please contact your System Administrator and quote this number.
Found version 48 [PDTSYS] Require Version 49.
The error indicates the data files are in a later version to your program files. This can be caused by many factors. Examples include:
- You have installed a new release of AE, then have restored from a backup prior to the upgrade.
- You have installed a Service Pack, and have then re-installed the previous compliance release.
- You are using a desktop shortcut that is pointing to an old program location.
To correct this issue first check if any shortcuts to Contacts or Configuration on your Desktop open old, invalid, copies of the MYOB AE software. If they do, please delete these shortcuts.
If this is not the case, then you will need to re-install the latest Release and or the latest Service Pack again.
- Refer to the my.MYOB Product Downloads page, Australia to download the latest release. The latest release is downloaded.
- Install the Release and any Service Packs by following the instructions provided with the release or Service Pack download.
- Confirm that Contacts has been upgraded correctly. This can be done by opening Contacts or Compliance Management.
For more assistance, or to confirm which program version or Service Pack is required, please submit a support request and quote article 29081.
- At the Windows Desktop, click the Start button and select Computer. The window appears.
- Navigate to C:\WINDOWS and open the ceedata.ini file. The ceedata.ini window appears.
Note the PROGRAM_DIR directory. Example: S:\MYOB\binNote: Please make sure that you DO NOT have a UNC path for either the PROGRAM_DIR or CHOME directories, in the ceedata.ini file. Example: \\servername\ If a UNC path is present for either directory, this MUST be replaced by the absolute path and then your changes must be saved via the menu path File > Save. Example: S:\MYOB\bin
- Close out of the ceedata.ini file.
- From DataSafe, click Support Tools. The MYOB Database Utilities window is displayed.
Select Application Finder from the Utility drop-down list and then click Run Now. The Application Finder window is displayed.Note: This process will note the programs running and shut down all applications, except for DataSafe which is denoted by the "backup.exe" record in the Application column
- Click Refresh. Only DataSafe which is denoted by the "backup.exe" record in the Application column should be displayed.
- Click Close. The DataSafe Utilities window appears.
- Click OK.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY