This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE System Release (NZ)
- AE System Release (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
When backing up via MYOB Practice Manager, you may get the error "Error occurred in MYOBLicence.ReadLicenceFile()Reason: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: ptr".
To fix the error, change the user that the MYOB Backup Service uses on the server. This also applies to scheduled backups through PM failing for various reasons on servers running SQL Server 2012.
- Log on to the server and press Windows key + R on your keyboard. The Run window appears.
- Enter services.msc and click OK.
- Find the MYOB Backup Service.
- Right click MYOB Backup Service and choose Properties.
- Click Stop.
- Click the Log On tab and select the This Account radio button.
Enter the credentials of a Windows administrator. The administrator must be the Windows Domain administrator that the original SQL installation was done under, and must have a password.For details, contact your IT professional.
- Click the General tab and click Start to restart the service.