This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Classic Document Manager (AU)
- AO Classic Document Manager (NZ)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
In MYOB Document Manager you may receive the following error message "Failed to download file from server" when trying to open a document.
This error occurs when the document that you are trying to open contains special characters in file name.
Special characters include - * ? / \ : " < >
To fix the error you will need to edit the name of the file.
- From within Document Manager, within the client's Documents tab, right mouse click on the relevant document and select Properties. The Document Properties screen opens.
- In the Title of the document, remove any special characters. The file name is edited.
- Click OK. The Document Properties screen saves changes and closes. You can now open the document.
- From Contact > Employees, search for the Employee not having the issue and double click on the name.
- Click Document Settings tab
- Note the Employee Set Location.
- Open the employee having the issue and enter the Employee Set Location.