This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
In MYOB Practice Manager, the error "Feenote: This command is not available because no document is open” may appear when you try to preview a draft bill that was previewed previously.
This can occur if you print off all of your draft bills for a Partner or Manager to review and make changes to the original paragraph text and then re-print the bills.
In order to print the bills successfully, delete the draft word document, for example Draft1062.doc, and then re-print the bill.
MYOB is investigating this issue.
- From the Billing icon, select Draft Bills.
The Draft Bills window appears.
- Click Search to view all draft bills or select the Draft Date to view all created for the date range.
The draft bill/s display for the selected criteria.
- Highlight the relevant draft bill and take a note of the draft number from the Draft No field.
- Follow the menu path Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Documents > Document Creation Settings. The Document Creation window appears.
Take a note of the path under the heading of Algorithm for the Description of Word Billing Algorithm.If this field is blank or doesn't include the actual drive letter, go to Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Mailing Settings and note down the path in the Billing Startup Path field. Where the user can't access this location, please contact your IT support to review/update the security settings to this folder location.
- Right-click on the Start button on your desktop and select Open Windows Explorer and browse to the path noted at Step 3.
- Highlight the Draftxx.doc and right-click and select Delete. The draft bill is now deleted.
You should be able to now re-print the bill.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
Insert PR # 16650660552
DE3578 Logged for future release
To reproduce the issue:
- They then go the Draft Bills window under the Billing icon & prints these draft bills for the Partner to review.
- Next, they go back into the draft bills & make any necessary changes to paragraph text.
- Once they have finished their edits, they go back in to the Draft Bills windows & select the bills that they want to re-print & if they then try to preview any of the same bills they get the error 'Feenote this command is not available because no document is open'.
It appears that when they initially print the draft bills (Step 2), draft documents are created under the Bills folder for the printed bills. After editing the bills in Stage 3, when they go back to preview or re-print the bills, as well as getting the error, they find that the bill when they do get to view it, contains the original text & not the updated text from the 2nd edit.
One workaround seems to be to delete the draft from the Bills folder with todays date before they go & edit the bills & preview them again.