This support note applies to:
- AE Assets (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise Assets (AE Assets) you may experience the following error "Invalid use of null" when adding a new asset to a Asset Control Group. This error indicates that there is a required field that is blank, such as an Integration Account.
This error can occur in the following situations:
- When Assets has been setup as a standalone ledger then integrated to a General Ledger and the integration codes are not entered into the control group.
- When converting from the old AMS to AE Assets and not all integration accounts were entered in the existing data, for example the private use account.
- Ensure that each of the Integration Accounts has an account number selected for all Asset Control Groups and
- Ensure that the Integration Accounts are selected for all of the Integration Accounts types on both the Taxation tab and the Accounting tab.
- Open the AE Assets Ledger and right click the relevant Asset Control Group and select Properties. The Asset Control Group Details window appears.
- Under the Integration Accounts section click on the ellipsis […] button on the Taxation tab or the Accounting tab. The Account Finder - Non Data Entry Accounts window appears.
- Highlight the account to be selected as the Integration Account for that Integration Accounts type and click OK. The account number will now show for that Integration Accounts type.
- Enter the Integration Accounts by repeating step 3 for all Integration Accounts types.