This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
When installing MYOB Accountants Office (MYOB AO) or later, you will receive the error
"The install is unable to continue because an existing MYOBACCT instance on a 64-bit SQL server has been detected, which is incompatible with the software. This software only supports 32-bit SQL server"
and the above message in the log if you have manually installed SQL 64 bit edition on the server. If you do not have any other programs that use SQL, it is advised that you reinstall SQL as 32 bit. You may need to speak to your I.T provider for further assistance with this. If this is not possible, the below workaround may be used.
- On the Server, go to the Start menu and click on/type in Run, then type regedit and hit OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server.
- Export the registry Microsoft SQL Server (right click > Export).
Note the value data contained in the InstalledInstances string on the right hand pane (for example MYOBACCT).
if this value does not exist, skip to step 6.
- Rename the InstalledInstances string to InstalledInstances.old.
- Navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server.
- Add the InstalledInstances string if it does not exist (Right click > New > Multi-String Value.
- Add the value data noted in step 4 into the InstalledInstances string on the right hand pane (for example MYOBACCT).
- Start the installation of MYOB AO.
- Run through all the pre checks for the installation until you arrive at the Ready to Install/Upgrade screen. DO NOT PROCEED.
Revert the InstalledInstances string in the HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server key that was renamed in step 5.
If you skipped step 4 and 5, do not change this key back.
- Click to begin the install and the system won't show the error again.
If you have any further queries, contact support and quote the KB number or error message.