This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (NZ)
- AE System Release (AU)
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE MAS (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
Whilst in the Help menu option accessed from MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) System Services, MAS, Tax or CDS you may experience the message “Navigation to the webpage was cancelled”.
To eliminate this error you need to:
- Open Windows Explorer or Computer and navigate to the location E:\SOL64\SETUP, where: E: is the drive letter where your System Release ledgers have been installed to. The contents of this folder display.
- Double-click the Fix896358.reg. The message "Are you sure you want to add the information in Fix896358.reg to the registry?".
- Click Yes. The message "Information in Fix896358.reg has been successfully entered into the registry." appears.
Click OK. The update is complete.
Repeat steps 1 to 4 on each affected workstation.
- Open Internet Explorer. The Microsoft Internet Explorer window appears.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options. The Internet Options window appears.
- Click the Security tab. The details of this tab appear.
- Click the Local intranet icon. The icon highlights.
- Click the Sites button. The Local intranet window appears.
- Click Advanced. Another window titled Local intranet appears.
- Type file://servername in the Add this Web site to the zone field and click Add, where: servername is the name of the server where your SOL64 folder resides. The file://servername name appears in the Web sites field.
- Click OK. The Local intranet window appears.
- Click OK. The Internet Options window appears.
- Click OK. The Microsoft Internet Explorer window appears and you are now able to access the on-line Help.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
This fix adds registry keys for HHRestrictions and ItssRestrictions under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x
If this doesn't fix the issue advise IT to run through the following MS KB or others in relation to inability to view HTML help files: