This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) and Accountants Office (AO) Tax, you may experience the SBR Sender Service status indicator on the Lodgment Manager homepage displays red after upgrading to MYOB Tax version 2017.1.
After restarting the SBR Sender service the following error appears in the MYOB Event Log:
Procedure or function 'sp_TaxSbrSender_ElsLodgementTracking_Update' expects parameter '@returnStatus', which was not supplied.
This occurs where the tax database and SBRSender folder has not correctly updated during the 2017.1 installation.
If you experience this error, contact us and quote KB 38969.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
To resolve this issue:
- Manually replace the C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\SBRSender\Server\Service\AEDB1 folder with an updated version.
- Update the MYOB.Tax.Sbr.SbrSender.Server.HostService.exe.config to match client Server\Database name.
- If the Tax database version is not 150, run the MYOB.Tax.TaxDbUpgrade.exe to upgrade the version.
Use the following to determine what has caused the client's issue. These problems are identified from the installation logs.
- TaxInstall.ini has the incorrect server name.
This usually occurs after a migration has been performed. Check the taxinstall.ini and ensure the SBRSenderServer= contains the correct server name.
- The workstation install does not complete successfully on the server due to it getting stuck at an old unused office .dll
Check the \MYOBAE\AESQL\Central\Deploy folder for Msrdx32.dll. If this file exists, move it out of the deploy folder (to a different folder as a backup). Then run the workstation setup, then the full install of 2017.1 as a repair.
- The previous installation package .msi file is missing from C:\Windows\Install\6f50e4.msi
Extract the prior AE/AO 2017.0 setup.exe to C:\TEMP. Re-run the 2017.1 install and when prompted for the .msi, point it to the extract file in the C:\TEMP folder.
If the clients issue is not caused by any of the above, please collect a copy of all installation logs from the following folders:
- C:\Program File (x86)\MYOB\MYOBACCT\INSTALL
- .MSI log files located in %TEMP%\MSI*.LOG (sort by date and get all recent logs)
Insert PR# 150459758455