This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
In MYOB Practice Manager (PM) or Document Manager (DM) when performing a Mail Merge and/or previewing invoices/receipts you may see the following errors:
- "The command is not available" or
- "The Add method or property is not available because the document is currently restricted".
These errors can occur when the preview pane in Windows Explorer is enabled.
Open Windows Explorer and browse to the location where the fee templates/mail merge letter templates are stored and check if the Preview Pane displays.
To find the location of the Fee Templates:
From within AE/AO, follow the menu path: Maintenance > MaintenanceMap > Documents > Document Styles and check the location in the Word Template column.
To find the location of your Mailing Templates:
From within AE/AO, follow the menu path: Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Documents > Mailing Settings, check the location in the Templates path field.
- Turn this setting off by clicking the icon on top right hand corner 'Hide the preview pane'. Alternatively, in Windows Explorer click the View tab and deselect Preview pane. try previewing the document again.
- Attempt to perform a Mail Merge or Preview an invoice/receipt, again. If the error continues, browse to the affected fee template in Explorer, right mouse click and select Open and then Re-save. Then try previewing the template again
For more information, refer to the following Microsoft KB articles:
- Microsoft KB 918429: How to troubleshoot damaged documents in Word 2007 and in Word 2010
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY