This support note applies to:
- AE Assets (AU)
When duplicating an MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Assets ledger you may experience the error "The specified ledger is not a valid assets ledger. Please select or type a valid assets ledger".
This error can occur for the following reasons:
- the incorrect file is selected during the duplication process
- the ledger you are duplicating is corrupt and unable to be accessed
- you don't have permission to write to the C:\Program Files\MYOB\ (32-bit operating systems) folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\ (64-bit operating systems).
To successfully duplicate the assets ledger:
- Ensure you have Full Control access to the C:\Program Files\MYOB or C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB folder, as well as the S6CLIENT folder.
- Ensure that you can open the ledger you are duplicating. If you're unable to open the ledger, you won't be able to create a duplicate of the ledger.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
Only IF NECESSARY, to prove the cause of this error is environmental/rights related, obtain the client's source ledger and attempt the duplicate ledger process in house. If you can successfully duplicate the ledger, this indicates there is no corruption of the source data and the cause is environmental.
Support should not be performing the duplication and returning data unless the client has a time sensitive requirement.