This support note applies to:
- AE Accounts (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise Accounts (AE Accounts) you may experience the following error "The Year ending 30th June 200X cannot be closed, as prior year has not been finalised" when rolling forward an Accounts ledger.
The error occurs when there is already two accounting years open in the ledger and you need to close the previous year before closing the current year.
To resolve this error, perform a Final Close for the prior period or year.
- Open the Accounts ledger and follow the menu path File > Open > Previous year. The ledger opens for the previous year.
- Click on the Tools menu and choose Year Close. The Accounts- Year end wizard appears.
- Select Final Close and click Next.
- Select Make a backup now and click Next.
- Type the correct comparative year and then click Finish.