This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- Timecost (AU)
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Accounts (AU)
When opening MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Compliance Management of Configuration you may experience the error "This application cannot be accessed by remote compliance".
This error occurs when the module.ini file includes the line Remote_Access=Remote. To fix the error, this line will need to be removed from the module.ini file.
The following instructions will step you through this process.
The module.ini file resides in the BIN folder.
To locate your BIN folder, right-click on the Datasafe icon and select Properties and note the target path.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the BIN folder location. The files and folders appear.
- Right-click on the module.ini file and select Copy. The file is copied to the Windows clipboard.
- Right-click in the same location and select Paste. A copy of the module.ini file appears in the same location.
- Right-click on the copied file and Rename the file to module_ini.bak. The file is renamed. Note: This makes a backup of the module.ini file with the original settings.
- Right click on the module.ini file and select Open with. A list of options appear.
- Select the Notepad option. The module.ini file appears in a Notepad file.
- Locate and remove the Remote_Access=Remote line. The line is removed.
- Follow the menu path: File > Save. The file is saved.
- Close the Module.ini file. The file is closed.
The error will not appear when opening Compliance Manager or Configuration