This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (NZ)
When creating a folder in System Services, the following error may appear: "This folder is being managed by another installation of System Services."
A folder can only be configured to be managed by one installation of System Services at a time, it cannot be shared. To configure the folder to your current installation of System Services you need to:
- Delete the DS6OP020 files; and
- Refresh System Services folders.
- From the Start menu, select Run. The Run window appears.
- In the Open field type C: (or the MYOB drive mapping) and click OK. The C: drive opens.
- From the Standard Button toolbar click Search. The Search Toolbar appears.
- In the Search for Files or Folders named field type DS6OP020 and click Search Now. Each of the occurrences of the DS6OP020 files appears in the right-hand pane.
- When the search has completed press CTRL + A, to select all DS6OP020 files and then press DELETE.The files are deleted.
Start System Services and login as user SUPERVIS or as a user with Level 6* security access.The default SUPERVIS password is S6.
- If you are not prompted with the Login Gateway, select File then Login As to get the Login Gateway.
- Select Folders from the Administration Menu. The Folders screen appears.
- For all folders:
- Click on the first folder appearing in the folder list and from the File menu, select Properties. The folder properties screen appears.
- Click on the Title field and press the Tab key, tab through all the fields until the OK button is highlighted, then click OK. The folder properties close.