This support note applies to:
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Reporter (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AO Tax (AU)
You may see the error "User is not a member of any security groups" when logging into MYOB Practice Manager.
The error message will appear for employees who have not been added to a security group or have been removed from a security group.
You will need to log in as an administrative user who is not experiencing the issue, and add the affected employee to a security group.
The instructions below use the example of adding the employee to the security group of partner.
- In Practice Manager, follow the menu path Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Security > Employee Group Security. The Employee Group Security page appears.
- Click the button to the right of the Employee field. The Find Employees screen appears.
- Type the employee name in the Search for field and click Search. The search results display.
- Highlight the relevant employee and click OK. The employee name appears in the Employee field.
- Select the security group Partner in the Is not a member of section and click the right arrow.
The security group partner appears in the Is a member of section.
Click OK. The changes are saved.The relevant employee should close and re-open AE/AO PM for the changes to take effect.