This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
When backing up from MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) or Accountants Office (AO) from a workstation you may experience the error "You can only access this feature from the computer on which MYOB AE/AO server was installed".
This error occurs when going through Maintenance > Backup > Backup Now or Schedule Backups from a workstation.
To successfully perform the backup, go to the server where MYOB AE or AO was originally installed.
If you are on the server and the error appears, this indicates there may be settings missing from the server's registry. Please contact us.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
- On the server, go to Start > Run and type regedit, then click OK. The registry editor opens.
- Navigate to the following key:
- 32 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MYOB\Central
- 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MYOB\Central
- Ensure this key exists and, if not, create it. However, if there are other keys missing, it might be advisable to reinstall AE/AO. Check with your senior team members or product specialist if unsure.
- Ensure the string DeployFolder exists and has the correct UNC path to the Deploy folder and correct accordingly. The error occurs because this is not present or has the incorrect path.