This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Accounts (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise Practice Manager (AE PM) you may receive the error "Access Denied. You do not have permission to access this client. Contact your System Administrator for details" when selecting a link from the Applications section of the Task Bar.
Contacts Security enables you to assign user security access to selected contacts. An employee that is denied access to a contact is not able to launch Client Compliance, Tax, FBT, BAS or Accounts from the Task Bar.
To resolve this error you need log in to AE PM as a user who does have access to the Compliance Integration modules for this client and edit the Contact Security.
- Open AE PM and open the client. The Main tab is displayed.
- Click Client Compliance in the Task Bar. The <Client name (client code)> - Client Compliance screen appears.
- From the File menu, select Security. The Contact Security Settings for <client code> - <client name> screen appears.
- Highlight the relevant employee in the Deny Access To field and click Add >. The employee name appears in the Allow Access To field.
- Repeat step 4 for any other employees.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
The old Contacts screen can be accessed from within a Tax return.
Launching the Contacts screen should only be done to correct this issue. Explain to the client the Contacts screen should not be opened for any other circumstances. Making other changes in this screen will not integrate into AE Practice Manager.
1. Open a tax return for another client.
2. Access the Preparation menu, and select the Contact Profile option.
This will open the old Contacts interface.
3. Search for the client that cannot be accessed, and with the client selected, from the File menu, select Security.
4. Select the employee in the Deny Access To field and click the Add> button to add an employee into the Allow Access To box. Once completed, click the Close button to save the changes.
You should now be able to access the compliance modules.