This support note applies to:
- PDF Manager (AU)
- PDF Manager (NZ)
In MYOB PDF Manager you may experience the following error "Your computer is using an incompatible mail system. The program was unable to generate the mail with the required attachments" when clicking on the Email option in the Task Bar.
This error can occur as a result of connectivity issues with Outlook within your Windows operating system. These can be related to permission issues or missing MAPI information.
- In MYOB PDF Manager follow the menu path: Help > About MYOB PDF Manager > System Info...The PDF Manager System Information window appears.
- In the window displays a list of program file locations. Ensure that the user has full control in windows security to access each of these folders. If you need assistance, contact your IT Professional.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Windows folder on c drive. For example, C:\windows. The Windows folder appears.
- Locate the Win.ini file and right click and select Edit.The Win.ini - Notepad window opens.
- Please ensure the lines in italics appear in your file. Where they are missing, type them in.
; for 16-bit app support
Click close the file and save your changes.If you are have a Terminal Server environment please ensure you update the WIN.INI under each users windows folder as well e.g. %USERPROFILE%\Windows.
If you are unable to resolve the error after completing the above steps, then complete the following steps when you need to send an email:
In MYOB PDF Manager, select the document to email and click Save in the Task menu. The Save PDF window appears.
- To save the file to your desktop enter the file name and location and click OK. The file is now saved to your desktop.
- Minimise MYOB PDF Manager and locate the file on your desktop. Right click on the file, select Send to and select Mail Recipient to email the file.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
If this fails to resolve the problem on a single workstation they will need to use the workaround or rebuild the Windows operating system.