This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
In MYOB Practice Manager, you may receive the error "Your request to modify the access rights to one or more AccountRight Live files for <ClientName> was unsuccessful" when attempting to make an employee inactive. As a result, the employee cannot be made inactive.
If you see this error, contact MYOB Support and quote KB 38512.
MYOB is investigating this issue.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
- On the server where AE/AO is installed, open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the relevant database.
- From the Object Explorer, expand the Databases folder, then expand the AODB1/AEDB1 (VPMSER) database folder.
- Expand the Tables folder and locate the table dbo.Employee.
- Right-click on the dbo.Employee table and select Edit Top 200 Rows.
- Locate the user to be marked inactive and note their EmployeeId.
- From the Object Explorer, right-click on the table dbo.AF_CloudFileAccess and select Edit Top 200 Rows.
- Delete all entries for the affected EmployeeId from the dbo.AF_CloudFileAccess table.
- Close SQL Server Management Studio.
You can now mark the employee as inactive within AE/AO.
Insert PR #140831075081