This support note applies to:
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE MAS (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise MAS (AE MAS) you can export a client chart of accounts from one ledger and import it into another ledger.
- Open the relevant MAS ledger and follow the menu path: Setup > Client Files > Client Chart. The Client Chart window appears.
- With the Client Chart open, click the File menu and select Export. The Export Client Chart window appears.
- Click OK. The File Export window appears.
- Browse to a location on your computer where you want to save the file, then click Save. The export file is saved to the location as a .TXT file and the Record Selection window appears.
Leave the From:, To:, and Mask: fields blank and ensure By Range is selected, then Click OK. This will export all accounts in the client chart.
If you wish to export only some of the accounts in the chart:
- Select By Item then click OK to individually select which accounts you want to export, or
- Select By Range and enter an account code in the From: and To: fields to export all account codes within the specified range, or
- To export account codes in a "Mask" (for example, Rental or if you have a custom mask) enter the Mask Name.
- Click OK and Close the MAS ledger. The file is saved to the selected location.
- Open the relevant MAS ledger and follow the menu path: Setup > Client Files > Client Chart. The Client Chart screen appears.
- With the Client Chart open, click the File menu and select Import. The Import Client Chart window appears with an M in the File type field.
- Click OK. The File Import window appears.
- Navigate to the location where the exported chart of accounts has been saved, select the export file and click Open. The Print window appears.
- Click Preview. A report appears on screen showing which accounts have been successfully imported, as well as the accounts that have not been imported the reason for the account failing the import.
- To close the report, click Close.