This support note applies to:
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE MAS (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise MAS (AE MAS) you can to export and import Master Files.
When upgrading versions of AE MAS, the categories listed below are updated with an update to the Master Chart DS6MF100 file.
To retain the existing details, you need to export the desired categories prior to upgrading and import once the upgrade completed.
You can export the following files after an upgrade:
- Master Chart
- Statutory data
- Site options
- Entry groups
- Tax tables
- Exchange rates
- Other rates
- Chart maps
- Open System Release and go into any MAS ledger. The MAS client detail screen appears.
- From the Utilities menu, select Export Master Files. The Export Master Files screen appears.
- Ensure only the categories you wish to be exported are selected and click OK. The File Export screen appears with the cursor in the File Name field.
Browse to the location to save the exported file and click Save. The Client Ledger window appears.If the file name already exists in that destination you are asked whether you wish to append. Answering Yes to this question adds to the file. Answering No will overwrite the file.
- Open System Release and go into any MAS ledger. The MAS client details screen appears.
- From the Utilities menu, select Import Master Files. The message "This process will import master data files. Do you wish to overwrite existing codes?" appears.
- Click Yes. The File Import screen appears with the cursor appearing in the File name field.
- Browse to the path where the exported file was saved and select it and then click the Open button. The information is imported and the Client Ledger window appears.